20+ years in telecommunications
15+ years freelancing
13+ years test management / test lead
ISEB Foundation in software testing
IT Consultancy with over 20 years’ experience encompassing 10 years in test management. Proven skills in test management working with network operators and vendors in the fields of Mobile broadband start-ups, Small Cells (Femtocells), MVNOs and Operations and Maintenance (OA&M / OSS) MVNOs.
- Senior Test Management with excellent interpersonal skills in managing aspects of testing, especially customer facing delivery through UAT and RFO.
- Extensive BSS experience including Online sales and self-care (incorporating responsive design and device testing), CRM, Billing, Provisioning, Service Management, Collections, Communications.
- Program and Project test management experience firmly rooted in a technical telecommunications background.
- Excellent testing management skills in responsive web design demonstrated by the successful launch of www.relish.net sales and self-care portal
- Full practical understanding of the test process from initial project engagement (8 point static based testing) through to commercial signoff, encompassing the standard testing phases of PAT,PIT,SIT, IOT, UAT/OAT, non-functional (performance/security/stability), Security testing (PEN/JTAG/Binary analysis)
- Team working to deliver projects on time, on cost and to an agreed set of requirements. Experience in Prince2 project methods from project start-up, resourcing, planning and execution, engagement and leadership of 3rd party vendors, change management, project sign-off, lessons learned and project closure.
- Able to investigate and suggest new approaches that would lead to the same end result in the understanding that projects don’t always run to plan.
- Acknowledge the importance of defect management and the impact that defect resolution will have on the project – stressing the importance of being involved early within the project lifecycle to minimise impact.
- Able to appropriately use test tools to assist with the management and reporting of the test process, utilizing QC (formerly Test director) and TestRail
- Thorough technical background in IT and telecommunications grown from systems deployment experience in FemtoCells GPRS and UMTS, through to IREG roaming testing, UTRAN system testing and full end-to-end MVNO.
- Experienced in assisting start-ups with their strategy, approach, staffing and tooling – both for test management (forecasting/tracking/reporting) and execution (selenium/manual scripting/automated testing/winrunner/loadrunner)
- Strong Femtocell experience with Huawei (uBro 3.1), Alcatel-Lucent (BCR3.1) and Sagemcom portfolio of products with 2 years senior operational experience.
- Thorough OSS testing experience through roles at 3UK, Ericsson (Vodafone), Alcatel-Lucent & Motorola.